As the nights grow longer, you may find yourself flying into Kemble after the tower closes at 5pm. If that’s you, then check out the briefing notes below:
- Make sure you have signed and returned an out of hours indemnity form. These are available from Sarah, or from the Control Tower or you can download it from http://freedomaviation.co.uk/images/Out_of_hours_Indemnity.pdf and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No circuits after 1800(local).
- No aerobatic flights within 10nm of Cotswold Airport after 1700.
- Blind calls made to ‘Kemble Traffic’ on the Kemble frequency of 118.900 MHz
- Runway 08 threshold moves to the start of the black high friction surface (markers are in place), and aircraft should not backtrack beyond the 08 windsock for departure. This is because the runway vehicle crossing at the 08 threshold is OPEN outside of published hours.
Summer sunset flying is something to be truly savoured. Remember, official night is 30 minutes after sunset, so on the longest day, 21st June, you can get 17h 37m 51s of useable flying time between 0423 and 2201. Good Luck! Prizes available for whoever can do the most flying on the 21st June. 😉
Freedom Aviation is excited to announce that training will now be available in our new Citabria for tailwheel conversions and aerobatics. Training will be available from Oaksey Park or Cotswold Airport.
G-EGWN previously lived at RAF Halton and will be arriving at Kemble early next week. It has been pristinely maintained since new in 2007 and will be a very welcome addition to the Freedom fleet.
Tailwheel training involves approximately 5 hours of dual training to enable the pilot to competently handle the aircraft on the ground and master the unique characteristics of a tailwheel aircraft.
Solo hire is available once competent. Dual training at £155 per hour, solo hire £125 per hour.
For more information contact Freedom by email on email@example.com or 07973 322698.
After putting the revision hours in, Dave Jelly has successfully passed his Instrument Instructor Rating Test. Despite numerous weather cancellations, Dave managed to complete the required training with Dorothy Pooley at Shoreham with ‘no dramas’.
IMC training is available immediately from Kemble and Oaksey Park. If you are interested or want further information please contact Sarah on 07973 322698.
Marvellous! We have a new blog.
More importantly – you’ve found it! We will be bringing you news and updates from Team Freedom direct from our trips and fly-outs, as well as sharing pictures, videos and the highs and lows of our general flying.
We will also be helping you to keep your flying skills as sharp as a knife, with regular hints and top tips on navigation and airmanship.
What more could you possibly want? We’ve got all the bases covered …